Post Syndicated from Yev original https://www.backblaze.com/blog/wanted-java-programmer/
Want to work at a company that helps customers in over 150 countries around the world protect the memories they hold dear? A company that stores over 200 petabytes of customers’ photos, music, documents and work files in a purpose-built cloud storage system? Well here’s your chance. Backblaze is looking for a Java Programmer!
You will work on the server side APIs that authenticate users when they log in, accept the backups, manage the data, and prepare restored data for customers. You will work with artists and designers to create new HTML web pages that customers use every day. And you will help build new features as well as support tools to help chase down and diagnose customer issues.
Must be proficient in:
- Apache Tomcat
- UTF-8, Java Properties, and Localized HTML (Backblaze runs in 11 languages)
- Large scale systems supporting thousands of servers and millions of customers
- Cross platform (Linux/Macintosh/Windows) — don’t need to be an expert on all three, but cannot be afraid of any.
- Cassandra experience a plus**
Looking for an attitude of:
- Passionate about building friendly, easy to use Interfaces and APIs.
- Must be interested in NoSQL Databases
- Has to believe NoSQL is an Ok philosophy to build enormously scalable systems.
- Likes to work closely with other engineers, support, and sales to help customers.
- Believes the whole world needs backup, not just English speakers in the USA.
- Customer Focused (!!) — always focus on the customer’s point of view and how to solve their problem!
Required for all Backblaze Employees:
- Good attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong desire to work for a small fast paced company
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment
- Occasional visits to Backblaze datacenters necessary
- Rigorous adherence to best practices
- Relentless attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good oral/written communication
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- OK with pets in office
This position is located in San Mateo, California. Regular attendance in the office is expected.
Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer competitive salary and benefits, including our no policy vacation policy.
If this sounds like you — follow these steps:
- Send an email to [email protected] with the position in the subject line.
- Include your resume.
- Tell us a bit about your programming experience.
The post Wanted: Java Programmer appeared first on Backblaze Blog | The Life of a Cloud Backup Company.