Post Syndicated from Lucy Hattersley original https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/magpi-christmas-special/
The MagPi Christmas Special is out now.
For the festive season, the official magazine of the Raspberry Pi community is having a maker special. This edition is packed with fun festive projects!
Here are just some of the fun projects inside this festive issue:
- Magazine tree: turn the special cover into a Christmas tree, using LED lights to create a shiny, blinky display
- DIY decorations: bling out your tree with NeoPixels and code
- Santa tracker: follow Santa Claus around the world with a Raspberry Pi
- Christmas crackers: the best low-cost presents for makers and hackers
- Yuletide game: build Sliders, a fab block-sliding game with a festive feel.
A Christmas game from the MagPi No.52
Inside the MagPi Christmas special
If you’re a bit Grinchy when it comes to Christmas, there’s plenty of non-festive fun to be found too:
- Learn to use VNC Viewer
- Find out how to build a sunrise alarm clock
- Read our in-depth guide to Amiga emulation
- Discover the joys of parallel computing
There’s also a huge amount of community news this month. The MagPi has an exclusive feature on Pioneers, our new programme for 12- to 15-year-olds, and news about Astro Pi winning the Arthur Clarke Award.
After that, we see some of the most stylish projects ever. Inside is the beautiful Sisyphus table; that’s a moving work of art, a facial recognition door lock, and a working loom controlled by a Raspberry Pi.
If that wasn’t enough, we also have a big feature on adding sensors to your robots. These can be used to built a battle-bot ready for the upcoming Pi Wars challenge.
The MagPi team wishes you all a merry Christmas! You can grab The MagPi 52 in stores today: it’s in WHSmith, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, and Asda in the UK, and it will be in Micro Center and selected Barnes & Noble stores when it comes to the US. You can also buy the print edition online from our store, and it’s available digitally on our Android and iOS app.
Get a free Pi Zero
Want to make sure you never miss an issue? Subscribe today and get a Pi Zero bundle featuring the new, camera-enabled Pi Zero, and a cable bundle that includes the camera adapter.
If you subscribe to The MagPi before 7 December 2016, you will get a free Pi Zero in time for Christmas.