Post Syndicated from Yev original https://www.backblaze.com/blog/wanted-front-end-developer/
Want to work at a company that helps customers in over 150 countries around the world protect the memories they hold dear? Do you want to challenge yourself with a business that serves consumers, SMBs, Enterprise, and developers? If all that sounds interesting, you might be interested to know that Backblaze is looking for a Front End Developer!
Backblaze is a 10 year old company. Providing great customer experiences is the “secret sauce” that enables us to successfully compete against some of technology’s giants. We’ll finish the year at ~$20MM ARR and are a profitable business. This is an opportunity to have your work shine at scale in one of the fastest growing verticals in tech – Cloud Storage.
You will utilize HTML, ReactJS, CSS and jQuery to develop intuitive, elegant user experiences. As a member of our Front End Dev team, you will work closely with our web development, software design, and marketing teams.
On a day to day basis, you must be able to convert image mockups to HTML or ReactJS – There’s some production work that needs to get done. But you will also be responsible for helping build out new features, rethink old processes, and enabling third party systems to empower our marketing/sales/ and support teams.
Our Front End Developer must be proficient in:
- HTML, ReactJS
- UTF-8, Java Properties, and Localized HTML (Backblaze runs in 11 languages!)
- jQuery, Bootstrap
- JSON, XML
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Basic SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them
- Learning about third party marketing and sales tools through reading documentation. Our systems include Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Hubspot
Struts, Java, JSP, Servlet and Apache Tomcat are a plus, but not required.
We’re looking for someone that is:
- Passionate about building friendly, easy to use Interfaces and APIs.
- Likes to work closely with other engineers, support, and marketing to help customers.
- Is comfortable working independently on a mutually agreed upon prioritization queue (we don’t micromanage, we do make sure tasks are reasonably defined and scoped).
- Diligent with quality control. Backblaze prides itself on giving our team autonomy to get work done, do the right thing for our customers, and keep a pace that is sustainable over the long run. As such, we expect everyone that checks in code that is stable. We also have a small QA team that operates as a secondary check when needed.
Backblaze Employees Have:
- Good attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong desire to work for a small fast, paced company
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment
- Comfort with well behaved pets in the office
This position is located in San Mateo, California. Regular attendance in the office is expected. Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer competitive salary and benefits, including our no policy vacation policy.
- Front End Dev in the subject line
- Your resume attached
- An overview of your relevant experience