Post Syndicated from Blogs on Grafana Labs Blog original https://grafana.com/blog/2017/09/13/grafana-4.5-released/
Grafana v4.5 is now available for download. This release has some really significant improvements to Prometheus, Elasticsearch, MySQL and to the Table panel.
Prometheus Query Editor
The new query editor has full syntax highlighting. As well as auto complete for metrics, functions, and range vectors. There is also integrated function docs right from the query editor!
Elasticsearch: Add ad-hoc filters from the table panel
Table cell links!
Create column styles that turn cells into links that use the value in the cell (or other other row values) to generate a url to another dashboard or system. Useful for
using the table panel as way to drilldown into dashboard with more detail or to ticket system for example.
Query Inspector is a new feature that shows query requests and responses. This can be helpful if a graph is not shown or shows something very different than what you expected.
More information here.
- Table panel: Render cell values as links that can have an url template that uses variables from current table row. #3754
- Elasticsearch: Add ad hoc filters directly by clicking values in table panel #8052.
- MySQL: New rich query editor with syntax highlighting
- Prometheus: New rich query editor with syntax highlighting, metric & range auto complete and integrated function docs. #5117
- GitHub OAuth: Support for GitHub organizations with 100+ teams. #8846, thx @skwashd
- Graphite: Calls to Graphite api /metrics/find now include panel or dashboad time range (from & until) in most cases, #8055
- Graphite: Added new graphite 1.0 functions, available if you set version to 1.0.x in data source settings. New Functions: mapSeries, reduceSeries, isNonNull, groupByNodes, offsetToZero, grep, weightedAverage, removeEmptySeries, aggregateLine, averageOutsidePercentile, delay, exponentialMovingAverage, fallbackSeries, integralByInterval, interpolate, invert, linearRegression, movingMin, movingMax, movingSum, multiplySeriesWithWildcards, pow, powSeries, removeBetweenPercentile, squareRoot, timeSlice, closes #8261
- Elasticsearch: Ad-hoc filters now use query phrase match filters instead of term filters, works on non keyword/raw fields #9095.
- InfluxDB/Elasticsearch: The panel & data source option named “Group by time interval” is now named “Min time interval” and does now always define a lower limit for the auto group by time. Without having to use
>prefix (that prefix still works). This should in theory have close to zero actual impact on existing dashboards. It does mean that if you used this setting to define a hard group by time interval of, say “1d”, if you zoomed to a time range wide enough the time range could increase above the “1d” range as the setting is now always considered a lower limit.
This option is now rennamed (and moved to Options sub section above your queries):
Datas source selection & options & help are now above your metric queries.
- InfluxDB: Change time range filter for absolute time ranges to be inclusive instead of exclusive #8319, thx @Oxydros
- InfluxDB: Added paranthesis around tag filters in queries #9131
- Modals: Maintain scroll position after opening/leaving modal #8800
- Templating: You cannot select data source variables as data source for other template variables #7510
- Security: Security fix for api vulnerability (in multiple org setups).
Head to the v4.5 download page for download links & instructions.
A big thanks to all the Grafana users who contribute by submitting PRs, bug reports, helping out on our community site and providing feedback!