Post Syndicated from Yev original https://www.backblaze.com/blog/wanted-vault-storage-engineer/
Want to work at a company that helps customers in 156 countries around the world protect the memories they hold dear? A company that stores over 500 petabytes of customers’ photos, music, documents and work files in a purpose-built cloud storage system?
Well here’s your chance. Backblaze is looking for a Vault Storage Engineer!
Founded in 2007, Backblaze started with a mission to make backup software elegant and provide complete peace of mind. Over the course of almost a decade, we have become a pioneer in robust, scalable low cost cloud backup. Recently, we launched B2 — robust and reliable object storage at just $0.005/gb/mo. Part of our differentiation is being able to offer the lowest price of any of the big players while still being profitable.
We’ve managed to nurture a team oriented culture with amazingly low turnover. We value our people and their families. Don’t forget to check out our “About Us” page to learn more about the people and some of our perks.
We have built a profitable, high growth business. While we love our investors, we have maintained control over the business. That means our corporate goals are simple – grow sustainably and profitably.
Some Backblaze Perks:
- Competitive healthcare plans
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- All employees receive Option grants
- Unlimited vacation days
- Strong coffee
- Fully stocked Micro kitchen
- Catered breakfast and lunches
- Awesome people who work on awesome projects
- New Parent Childcare bonus
- Normal work hours
- Get to bring your pets into the office
- San Mateo Office – located near Caltrain and Highways 101 & 280.
Want to know what you’ll be doing?
You will work on the core of the Backblaze: the vault cloud storage system (https://www.backblaze.com/blog/vault-cloud-storage-architecture/). The system accepts files uploaded from customers, stores them durably by distributing them across the data center, automatically handles drive failures, rebuilds data when drives are replaced, and maintains high availability for customers to download their files. There are significant enhancements in the works, and you’ll be a part of making them happen.
Must have a strong background in:
- Computer Science
- Multi-threaded programming
- Distributed Systems
- Math (such as matrix algebra and statistics)
- Building reliable, testable systems
Bonus points for:
Looking for an attitude of:
- Passionate about building reliable clean interfaces and systems.
- Likes to work closely with other engineers, support, and sales to help customers.
- Customer Focused (!!) — always focus on the customer’s point of view and how to solve their problem!
Required for all Backblaze Employees:
- Good attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong desire to work for a small fast-paced company
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment
- Rigorous adherence to best practices
- Relentless attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good oral/written communication
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
This position is located in San Mateo, California but will also consider remote work as long as you’re no more than three time zones away and can come to San Mateo now and then.
Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If this sounds like you, follow these steps:
- Send an email to email@example.com with the position in the subject line.
- Include your resume.
- Tell us a bit about your programming experience.