Post Syndicated from Yev original https://www.backblaze.com/blog/wanted-software-engineering-manager/
Want to work at a company that helps customers in over 150 countries around the world protect their data? Do you want to challenge yourself with a business that serves consumers, SMBs, enterprises, and developers?
Backblaze delivers high-availability cloud-scale services that our customers count on for reliable data storage. The engineering team prides itself on getting work done, doing the right thing for our customers, and keeping a pace that is sustainable over the long run. We do amazing things while working normal hours, and have time for life outside work.
If all that sounds interesting, you might be interested to know that Backblaze is looking for a Software Manager!
Want to know what you’ll be doing?
As a Software Manager, you will lead a team of Software Engineers in architecting, developing, testing, and deploying high quality software. You will play a key role in product development, starting from collaborating with Product Management on feature definition to deployment. Your technical acumen, project management, communication and collaborative skills will help the team to be product focused and keep deliverables on track.
- 3+ years of management experience leading a software development team.
- Motivation to take the initiative in a constantly changing work environment.
- Experience working across functions with organizations such as Operations, Product Management, and Marketing.
- Ability to partner with Product Management to manage current and upcoming projects, understand and navigate through competing priorities, and provide work estimation.
- Skills to mitigate project risks including business, technical, and schedule risks.
- Experience in software development life cycle — Planning, Development, Integration, Validation, Release.
- Drive to continually improve engineering processes and standards and drive adoption throughout organization.
- Good interpersonal skills to manage projects through difficult obstacles.
- Leadership to develop, mentor, coach, and grow the team.
Also a Plus:
- Experience managing teams building mobile and desktop apps.
- Passionate about usability/interface design, and user behavior testing.
Backblaze Employees Have:
- Good attitude and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Strong desire to work for a small, fast paced company.
- Desire to learn and adapt to rapidly changing technologies and work environment.
- Comfort with well-behaved pets in the office.
This position is located in San Mateo, California. Regular attendance in the office is expected.
Backblaze is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we offer competitive salary and benefits, including our no policy vacation policy.
If this sounds like you, send an email to email@example.com with:
- Software Engineering Manager in the subject line
- Your resume attached
- An overview of your relevant experience