Post Syndicated from Daniel Fuertes original https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/aws-achieves-spains-ens-high-certification-across-166-services/
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is committed to bringing additional services and AWS Regions into the scope of our Esquema Nacional de Seguridad (ENS) High certification to help customers meet their regulatory needs.
ENS is Spain’s National Security Framework. The ENS certification is regulated under the Spanish Royal Decree 3/2010 and is a compulsory requirement for central government customers in Spain. ENS establishes security standards that apply to government agencies and public organizations in Spain, and service providers on which Spanish public services depend. Updating and achieving this certification every year demonstrates our ongoing commitment to meeting the heightened expectations for cloud service providers set forth by the Spanish government.
We are happy to announce the addition of 17 services to the scope of our ENS High certification, for a new total of 166 services in scope. The certification now covers 25 Regions. Some of the additional security services in scope for ENS High include the following:
- AWS CloudShell – a browser-based shell that makes it simpler to securely manage, explore, and interact with your AWS resources. With CloudShell, you can quickly run scripts with the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI), experiment with AWS service APIs by using the AWS SDKs, or use a range of other tools for productivity.
- AWS Cloud9 – a cloud-based integrated development environment (IDE) that you can use to write, run, and debug your code with just a browser. It includes a code editor, debugger, and terminal.
- Amazon DevOps Guru – a service that uses machine learning to detect abnormal operating patterns so that you can identify operational issues before they impact your customers.
- Amazon HealthLake – a HIPAA-eligible service that offers healthcare and life sciences companies a complete view of individual or patient population health data for query and analytics at scale.
- AWS IoT SiteWise – a managed service that simplifies collecting, organizing, and analyzing industrial equipment data.
AWS achievement of the ENS High certification is verified by BDO Auditores S.L.P., which conducted an independent audit and confirmed that AWS continues to adhere to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability standards at its highest level.
For more information about ENS High, see the AWS Compliance page Esquema Nacional de Seguridad High. To view the complete list of services included in the scope, see the AWS Services in Scope by Compliance Program – Esquema Nacional de Seguridad (ENS) page. You can download the ENS High Certificate from AWS Artifact in the AWS Management Console or from the Compliance page Esquema Nacional de Seguridad High.
As always, we are committed to bringing new services into the scope of our ENS High program based on your architectural and regulatory needs. If you have questions about the ENS program, reach out to your AWS account team or contact AWS Compliance.
If you have feedback about this post, submit comments in the Comments section below.
Want more AWS Security how-to content, news, and feature announcements? Follow us on Twitter.