Post Syndicated from Daniel Fuertes original https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/2022-finma-isae-3000-type-ii-attestation-report-now-available-with-154-services-in-scope/
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is pleased to announce the third issuance of the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE) 3000 Type II attestation report. The scope of the report covers a total of 154 services and 24 global AWS Regions.
The latest FINMA ISAE 3000 Type II report covers the period from October 1, 2021, to September 30, 2022. AWS continues to assure Swiss financial industry customers that our control environment is capable of effectively addressing key operational, outsourcing, and business continuity management risks.
The report covers the five core FINMA circulars regarding outsourcing arrangements to the cloud. FINMA circulars help Swiss-regulated financial institutions to understand the approaches FINMA takes when implementing due diligence, third-party management, and key technical and organizational controls for cloud outsourcing arrangements, particularly for material workloads.
The scope of the report covers the following requirements of the FINMA circulars:
- 2018/03 Outsourcing – Banks, insurance companies and selected financial institutions under FinIA
- 2008/21 Operational Risks – Banks – Principle 4 Technology Infrastructure (31.10.2019)
- 2008/21 Operational Risks – Banks – Appendix 3 Handling of Electronic Client Identifying Data (31.10.2019)
- 2013/03 Auditing – Information Technology (04.11.2020)
- 2008/10 Self-regulation as a minimum standard – Minimum Business Continuity Management (BCM) minimum standards proposed by the Swiss Insurance Association (01.06.2015) and Swiss Bankers Association (29.08.2013)
It is our pleasure to announce the addition of 16 services and two Regions to the FINMA ISAE 3000 Type II attestation scope. The following are a few examples of the additional security services in scope:
- AWS CloudShell – A browser-based shell that makes it simple to manage, explore, and interact with your AWS resources. With CloudShell, you can quickly run scripts with the AWS Command Line Interface (AWS CLI), experiment with AWS service APIs by using the AWS SDKs, or use a range of other tools to be productive.
- Amazon HealthLake – A HIPAA-eligible service that offers healthcare and life sciences companies a chronological view of individual or patient population health data for query and analytics at scale.
- AWS IoT SiteWise – A managed service that simplifies collecting, organizing, and analyzing industrial equipment data.
- Amazon DevOps Guru – A service that uses machine learning to detect abnormal operating patterns to help you identify operational issues before they impact your customers.
Customers can continue to reference the FINMA workbooks, which include detailed control mappings for each FINMA circular covered under this audit report, through AWS Artifact. Customers can also find the entire FINMA report on AWS Artifact. To learn more about the list of certified services and Regions, see AWS Compliance Programs and AWS Services in Scope for FINMA.
As always, AWS is committed to adding new services into our future FINMA program scope based on your architectural and regulatory needs. If you have questions about the FINMA report, contact your AWS account team.
If you have feedback about this post, please submit them in the Comments section below.
Want more AWS Security news? Follow us on Twitter.